Saturday, March 14, 2015

Ever After


Yesterday My Mr. and I celebrated our six months of bliss.  Six months ago we stood together in my parents wooded back yard on top of Serenity Hill.  Surrounded by friends and family we said our vows with cracking voices and happy tears.  We kissed as man and wife just as the first rays of the sunset burst through the dappled leaves and lit the green forest with yellow brilliance. 

Truthfully, I don't remember much past that, just flashes here and there.  Mostly I remember laughter and music.  It was chilly, but I was so excited I hardly noticed.  There was dancing and cake, and a clambering bustle of happy faces.  I remember an absolute fog of unending bird seed, and then it was quiet and we were driving away down the long winding hill, marveling at how fast the night had passed.

Since then I've become more and more convinced that no two people more suited for one another than the two of us.  We have our flaws.  We fight, not often, but we do.  We fail each other and hurt one another, but we are so much more than our flaws.  He is my best friend, my favorite companion, the love of my whole life. 

Sometimes we spend our nights talking beside the fire about how much fun it would be to travel the world.  Sometimes we pull out board games, or play League of Legends late into the night.

We love to laugh together and we're there for each other when we're hurting.  We build each other up and push each other to grow.  We strive to understand that we're different people and we function differently so we'll sometimes do things that the other doesn't understand.  We're man and woman.  We're fundamentally different and it's often a struggle to figure each other out, so we try to be very plain with each other when expressing ourselves.  Sometimes we simply say, "I don't know why I'm upset, but I am," and then we talk about it. 

I love married life.  I know it won't always be easy.  We'll have hardships and trials, but we've got each other and we have a gracious, loving God.

Hallelujah for six months of bliss! :)

Kajo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment