Monday, February 20, 2012

Coming to Paddywacks: Dragon Scarf - Azure

Finally!  I am so sorry about the delay, my homework load became insane for the past two weeks but I've finally gotten time to get pictures!!!

Here is the new beauty that will be showing up in my shop: 
Meet Azure.  
She is five feet of thick, beautiful yarn that was carefully knit, by me, using my own pattern.  Her body at its widest is approx. 8' and at its thinnest is 3' (that's only right at the tip of her tail.  She is made from a blended yarn featuring chocolate brown, toffee tan, ice blue and lime in her body.  Her spines and tail have rich sapphire, aqua, emerald and lime.  The flames from her nose are approx. 10' and made from a super soft yarn (they're one of my favorite parts of her, honestly).
I couldn't believe how much character it gave her when I added those eyes.  It seemed like the dragon I was making had just been asleep the whole time and when I stuck the first eye on she woke up and looked straight at me.  

This dragon is the third of its kind for me, I created the pattern to make a scarf for my little brother for Christmas.  
This is Grove:

I've made a few alterations to the pattern since this one, but I'm still thrilled with how he turned out.
Aside from him I've made one for a friend's little brother, that one was gray and green and I didn't get a picture or name it...but I'll try to get a picture if anyone would like to see it.
Anyways, I've started one that's a mixed yarn of red, pink, yellow, and orange.  It's looking beautiful so far but I'm not sure when it'll be finished.  I'll try to post pictures of the progress.

Look for Azure in my shop soon!  
KBsPaddywacks.etsy.com

Kate

P.S. If you are interested in reserving Azure, please, let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment