Monday, April 16, 2012

Paddywacks: Wrap Yourself in Vibrance

I am not one to waste yarn, any of my family can tell you that.  I have a whole box under my bed devoted to the leftovers of past projects and little scraps of colorful strings that had to be trimmed off in order to get a clean final product.  Normally these scraps get recycled into my scarves around autumn and find themselves draped over the edges of our tent at fairs, blowing in the wind until someone takes them home.  But recently I noticed that there were a few balls laying around the box that I had consistently refused to use...perhaps because I enjoyed looking at them a little too much.  So, my mind immediately went to work and a week later this was finished:

The picture just doesn't quite do it justice.  But it turned out beautifully!  In fact, I was so happy with it, I made one to stick up in the shop.



 (Flower clip not included)

I've also been working on some knit bags over the weekend that I should get pictures of in a week or so.

Anyways, the shawl will be in the shop soon!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment