Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another Favorite Thing

So, in the midst of a pile of homework and projects and my friend's upcoming wedding, when I'm running on the last drops of energy (a coffee, a couple diet cokes, some breakfast tea) it's nice to sit and reset my rushing brain at the piano.  It's nice to hammer out a few songs, close my eyes and listen to the sweet notes dancing out a melody, and then hear the quick clicks of my puppy's paws as he comes running into the living room to hop into a chair and watch me play.  He comes every time, faithfully.  He curls up on the cushions and swings his big head over the arm so that he can watch me and then he just sits.  It doesn't matter how long I play, he stays and watches and listens, and it always, faithfully, makes me smile.

Kate

1 comment: