Saturday, October 1, 2011

Taste of Things to Come

     Well, this week has been so exciting and exhausting.  As mentioned before, Paddywacks's Etsy shop will be closed from Friday through Monday for the GRADD Arts and Crafts festival in Henderson, KY.  If you are in the area come on out for a good time and some wonderful stuff (not to mention my aunt and uncle's fabulous kettle korn!!!)   Paddywacks will be up on the lawn in front of the museum -- near the old tree.

     I kept telling myself that I wasn't going to tempt you all...but I really just can't help it!  I've been busy working on new scarves for this season and they've turned out beautifully.  So, I'm going to give you a sneak preview of some of them.   If you see one you like I can hold it for you, or if it's gone already I can attempt to duplicate; however, after making close to 80 scarves in the past couple of weeks I am a little low on yarn.

Anyways, without further adu:

These are the lovely fall colors I have made in my scrappy scarves.  They've gotten bigger and better since last year (but we still love the originals, even though they're skinny "mini"s.)
Let me introduce the Fall family:
This lovely lady is Blush...
Don't let her name fool you though, she's got some serious spunk.
 Here we have Ka-Pow...
She may be bright and loud, but she's got a soft side too.
 This here is Woodland Moss...
He keeps to himself a bit but he's got a lot more to him than you see at first glance.
 Grizzly is...
a little bit intimidating at first -- but he's really a great guy (and he gives fabulous hugs.)
 This is Misty...
She always looks sharp no matter what and loves a good pair of black boots.
 Here we have Steve...
He's unique and simply complicated.  The oddball of the family but always a good guy to have around.  :)
 The name's Fire, Bon Fire...
He's a real ace when it comes to drawing attention and always looks good, even when he has a little bed head.
Ah, Scarlett...
She loves to be the center of attention, anywhere, everywhere, all the time.  Still, she's as soft and sweet as the best of them.
 And this is Blaze...
One of my personal favorites, Blaze is a bit...hefty, if you will.  But that's alright, after all it's only a little holiday weight, right?
 Here's Sunny Side Up...
Always cheerful, no matter the weather.  She's just got that air about her, you can't stay upset for long if she's around cause her mood is sure to spread.
 Ember is...
The quiet one of the bunch.  He's thoughtful, an expert at subtlety and tact, and enjoys adding just the right spark to a coat.
 This is Autumn...
She likes hiking and shopping, campfires and heels. A girl of many tastes, she never ceases to be practical and fun.
Finally, we have Glade...
Another one of my favorites, he's a bit "out there" and kind of a live wire, but there is most certainly never a dull moment when he's around.  
 
kaJo
 
P.S. More scarves coming soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment